Personal data means any information which alone or jointly with other information can be used to identify a natural person. Such data is provided to us directly by you when you use our websites, products, or services, or interact with us, such as when you create a Huawei account or contact us for support. We may also obtain data by recording how you interact with our websites, products, or services, for example, using technologies like cookies, and receiving usage data from software running on your device. As permitted by law, we may also obtain data from public and commercial third-party sources. For example, we may purchase statistical data from other companies to support our services. The personal data we collect may include name, postal and email addresses, phone number, and login information (account and password), depending on the website you visit or the product and service you use.
We may use your personal data for the following purposes:
● Fulfilling your orders; delivering, activating, or verifying products or services; fulfilling your requests for changes; and providing technical support.
● Contacting you with your consent; sending you information about the products and services that may interest you; inviting you to participate in Huawei promotional activities and market surveys; or sending you marketing information. If you don’t want to receive such kind of information, you can opt out of receiving such information at any time.
● Sending you with important notices, such as the updates and installation of operating systems or applications.
● Providing you with customized user experience and content; and activating after-sales services.
● Improving our products and services through internal audit, data analysis, and research.
● Analyzing the efficiency of our business operations and evaluating market shares.
● Troubleshooting when you choose to send us error reports.
● Synchronizing, sharing, and storing the data you upload or download and the data needed for the uploading and downloading.
● Improving our loss prevention and anti-fraud programs.
● Complying with and enforcing applicable legal requirements, relevant industry standards and our policies
Huawei may also collect and use non-personally identifiable information (Non-PII). Non-PII is information that cannot be used to identify a particular individual. For example, Huawei will collect statistical data, such as the numbers of visitors to its website. We collect such data to understand how users use our websites, products, and services so that we can improve our services and better satisfy your needs. Huawei may collect, use, process, transfer, or disclose non-PII for other purposes at its own discretion.
We will endeavor to isolate your personal data from non-PII and ensure separate usage of the two types of data. If Personal data is combined with non-PII, it will still be treated as personal data during processing.